Time & Locations
Daily minyan is held at Congregation Agudas Achim according to the schedule below. If you have a special occasion or are reciting Kaddish, it is suggested that you inform the synagogue office (735-8400) ahead of time. Daily minyan is held in the small chapel with stained glass windows.
Daily Minyan Schedule:
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m. (services are held in the sanctuary when religious school is in session)
- Monday: 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:15 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 7:15 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:00 a.m. (followed by breakfast) and 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m. (followed by breakfast and spirited learning)
Exceptions: Morning minyan starts at 7:00 a.m. instead of 7:15 a.m. if Rosh Chodesh or another Jewish holiday falls on Tuesday or Wednesday. Festival services are held at 9:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. When a public holiday falls during the week, morning minyan starts at 9:00 a.m.
At 6:00 p.m. services we daven mincha (the afternoon service) in the spring, summer, and fall. In the winter we daven ma’ariv (the evening service.) Please call the synagogue office to confirm which service is being held on a particular day.
Dress attire for daily minyan is Austin casual, unless it is a festival. Services are participatory, especially on days with a Torah service. Morning minyan is typically 30-45 minutes; evening minyan is typically about 20 minutes.
Learn the weekday Shacharit and Ma'ariv services from our Online Learning page.